Access Statement for
The Lodge at Ketton Park,
Park Road, Ketton,
STAMFORD PE9 3WY
Welcome to Rutland and visit the Lodge at Ketton Park - One Bedroom First Floor Luxury Apartment for self catering overlooking open countryside.
Ramped Access from adjacent Parking leads visitors to a separate ground floor access to a single flight of stairs to the first floor apartment. All doors are of 800 or 900mm width with adequate movement space around the unit.
The Kitchen is provided with integrated units, standard height worktops and mid height convection oven and grill.
The bathroom provides a wet room shower and excellent space to bath tub; toilet and basin.
Level external access is possible to the rear garden for guest use.
• Information can be obtained by Email - preferred; telephone; and enquiry visit (on request)
• The website KettonPark.com provides detailed information on the accommodation
• A telephone handset is available on request and broadband wi-fi access for computers & iPads is provided.
• Travel and transport details are provided in the brochure or can be emailed in advance. Times of trains, buses and planes are available from local operators.
• A set of location maps can be provided with each confirmation of booking to assist arrival by car (4 miles from Stamford; 3 miles from the A1 and 27 miles from Leicester)
BUT the preferrable method is to type in "The Lodge at Ketton Park" into GOOGLE Maps and print out a detailed accurate map.
• Collection can be arranged from Stamford Station -4 mls
• Bicycle hire can be arranged from Rutland Water and a leaflet is provided in the accommodation information file.
• Shop Mobility is available at Queensgate Peterborough - 19 miles.
• Morrisons in Stamford provides one electric wheelchair.
• Taxis are available from Stamford but charge more for out of town journeys. A car is recommended to fully enjoy the surrounding countryside and visit the many visitor attractions most of which are not well serviced by public transport.
• On site parking for 1 car is available
• The local village shop has extensive facilities including Post Office and is open 7 days a week for most needs including milk, bread, fresh vegetables, toiletries etc. It is a short ½mile walk away.
• A welcome Starter Breakfast Pack is Provided in the rates
• Due to the first floor location of the accommodation a physically disabled person would need the ability to climb one flight of stairs - although a wheelchair could be used to and in the apartment.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Park Road is located at the West end of Ketton village (from Stamford pass right thru the village.)
• The property is on Park Road & on the left after 150 yds.
• One on site parking place is provided for guests on the paved driveway and numerous places are available on the access road.
access is immediately adjacent to the parking with automatic lighting
provided up to 00.30am
• The accommodation has its own entry bell
• No pets are allowed other than Guide Dogs
• Accommodation can be viewed in advance by appointment (if not occupied by other guests)
• Guests will be greeted on arrival
• Arrival should be scheduled preferably between 4.00pm and 8.00pm
• Check in will be completed in the accommodation which is at first floor level.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• The Lodge at Ketton Park is a single self contained unit not accessable to the public
• a Washing Machine, Dryer and Garden access are shared with the owners.
• A section of Private Garden is available for use by Guests with Wooden Chairs with a small table and sunshade.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• The Bedroom is carpeted, access is provided to both sides of two large twin beds.
• Downlighting provides individual lighting to each bed; dressing table and wardrobes
• A separate bedside light is provided.
• Wide door access is provided to hall and bathroom
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
• The ensuite bathroom is provided with a wet room shower with thermostatic mixer and glass screens; bath tub with normal height access and non slip bath insert.
• The room (2.2 x 2.4m) is tiled to floor and all walls with non slip shower area.
• The bath and wash basin have large handle single mixer taps
• The toilet has a concealed cistern with dual flush and soft close toilet seat.
• There are no additional disabled support rails.
• The kitchen is ergonomically laid out with normal height (900mm) work surfaces; tiled floor; single bowl inset sink (single mixer tap); dishwasher; integrated low level fridge & four electric halogen cooking rings with flush surface.
• The integrated mid height fan oven with grill; integrated microwave above; built in rubbish disposal bins ensure cooking is easily accessible in the kitchen area (3.0m x 1.7m) which leads of the main dining room/lounge.
• A cordless electric kettle; high level forced extractor fan and toaster with warming rack simplify guests needs.
• Pans and crockery are stored at low level and glassware and food storage cupboards are provided over the counter.
• Carefully positioned down-lighters compliment the single sash opening window.
Grounds and Gardens
• The rear garden behind the apartment is available for guest's use with wooden garden chairs; a small table and garden umbrella.
• The area is laid to lawn with large hedges; mature trees to the back and a small water feature to one side.
• Level Access is provided at the side of the property through an access gate or through the property with two separate steps.
• The quiet location offers great opportunity for bird watching from the lounge.
• The property is NON Smoking and not suitable for pets
• Telephone & broadband is provided.
• The area is not good for certain mobile phone company signals
the public phone box is 1 mile away.
• Freezer space is available on request.
Property address & Correspondance Address
Telephone: 01780 720713
Fax: not now used
Minicom: Not available
Location reference: Sat Nav PE9 3SL
• This newly completed apartment has been constructed to the highest standards and complies with the current grading
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve
if you have any comments phone 01780 720713 or email Mike@KettonPark.com
The Lodge at Ketton
Park Road, Ketton
ROTARIAN Guests especiallyWELCOME
For our Local Tourist Information CLICK StayinStamford
Click below for local events and news from RUTLAND and STAMFORD area.
Click on this link if you want to